WWF Adria job opening: Communications Officer in Serbia
Konkurs je otvoren do 6. avgusta 2017. godine, a biografiju i motivaciono pismo na engleskom jeziku treba poslati na e-mail: email@example.com.
Ukoliko ste motivisani i prepoznajete sebe u opisu posla pošaljite svoju prijavu.
The Communications Officer delivers results in the context of the programmes / projects, part of the broaden WWF Adria structure: “Protected Areas for People & Nature” and ˝Sustainable protection of lower Danube sturgeons by preventing and counteracting poaching and illegal wildlife trade˝.
More specifically, the position will perform specific communication activities within the two above mentioned projects by being mainly focused on implementing national communication activities and campaigns, providing input to regional communication activities and deploying communications activities support to and for the conservation projects. Specific support will also be given to the development of regional communications products for transboundary projects and the promotion of these within the WWF network and partners.
The Communications Officer will report to the Svetska organizacija za prirodu - Serbia WWF Country Office Manager, and will be based in Belgrade.
The Communications Officer will support the WWF Adria Regional Communications Manager in by providing regular information, up-dates and feature stories about the WWF conservation work in Serbia.
Your duties will include:
- Takes the lead in developing a WWF national communications strategy in Serbia including a strategic analysis of key stakeholders and setting of clear goals, objectives, and deliverables of this strategy
- Develop and implement the annual communication plans for the WWF Programme in Serbia
- Support the development and maintenance of media relations and partnerships for WWF in Serbia and promotes WWF work through the main media channels: written, radio, TV, internet
- Support the development and maintenance of relations with PR and communications multipliers, including advertising/PR agencies, polling agencies, and advertising placement companies
- Lead the development and implementation of specific WWF’s campaigns in Serbia
- Responsible for planning and organizing communication/promotion/media events at local and national level
- Lead and support the development of communications products, including web page wwf.rs, Facebook, Twitter, and promotional materials. Support web pages adria.panda.org and panda.org/dcpo with articles relevant for activities in Serbia.
- Support the development and practical implementation of the communication activities for the following projects: “Protected Areas for People & Nature” and ˝Sustainable protection of lower Danube sturgeons by preventing and counteracting poaching and illegal wildlife trade˝
- Work closely with team working on “Protected Areas for People & Nature” especially on the “Bear Watching”, “Education project” and “Stakeholder Councils” field projects. He/she contributes with communications work to all conservation achievements and events, implements filed project communications strategies, communicates with local community, takes part in parks’ events, supports workshops with communication material, and communicates achievements to key media, organizes press trips, etc. He/she works closely with Parks Dinarides communications officer in Montenegro, responsible for the communication of “Bear Watching” field project in Montenegro.
- Prepare an evaluation report on the communications component of the field projects, based on approaches followed, activities carried out and results achieved, and on quantitative and qualitative analysis of press coverage, web statistics, direct feedback from audiences, social media results, etc.
- Ensure daily media monitoring for the projects (based on media monitoring daily alerts)
- Writing, editing, and translating communications materials: articles, interviews, news, presentations, different project publications
- Lead and support the organization of public/media events in Serbia: press conferences, press/donor’s trips, national and international conferences, etc.
- Support organization and participates in various events: project team meetings, stakeholder’s meetings, workshops, trainings, seminars, field trips, street events
- Support monitoring and evaluation of communications activities and achievements, e.g. by maintaining or contributing to a communications-related database and documentation, including photo-, film-, and article-database for Serbia and collecting and analyzing key performance indicators
- Make sure that communications of WWF in Serbia, including publications, presentations, and other products are in line with WWF’s branding guidelines and are on-message
- Contribute to the good functioning of WWF in Serbia through participation in essential and daily activities as needed.
- Active part of WWF Adria and WWF DCP teams:
- Participating in meetings and common events
- Contributing to organization performance
- Liaise with other teams and seeks synergies and efficient use of resources across different projects
- Adheres to the WWF mission, as well LIVES the WWF Values: People Empowerment, Trust, Impact Driven, Responsibility, Standard of Excellence
- Knowledge: University degree in communications/journalism, humanities or related fields.
- Experience: Three to five years' professional experience in journalism, public relations, or related fields, with an emphasis in creating communication plans, publications, internet presentations, organizing public/media events and other meetings and conferences as well as project management.
- Knowledge of the nature conservation issues in Serbia – would be an advantage;
- Computer literacy: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet Explorer and Outlook Express; social media: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in both English and Serbian;
- Ambition, energy and drive, with a commitment to making a difference;
- Good skills in planning and organizing tasks and events within a project
- Solution oriented person
- Ability to put ideas in practice – proactivity
- A team player, committed to building a strong team and sharing success with colleagues
- Communication skills - to be able to establish and maintain a strong network of experts and to engage them in the conservation work WON Serbia is undertaking in the region
- Commitment to WWF’s mission and priorities;
- Ability to work in an international environment and within a multi-cultural team
- The opportunity to make a difference – for Serbia and for WWF
- Challenging and fulfilling work in one of Europe’s most exciting eco-regions
- Friendly and highly professional working atmosphere in an international context
- Varying tasks and independent work style
- A pleasant working atmosphere and great learning environment
- A competitive salary according to NGO standards